Saturday 21 September 2013

Hey there!

Whilst my feet recover from serving a wedding party, I have decided to share with you the first of my plans to make this year count. I have made a list of 45 books to read before I graduate. I'm talking books I want to read, rather than books my courses dictate I must read; books I have had the intention of reading for years but that I haven't got round to reading yet.

1. Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell
2. Catch -22 by Joseph Heller
3. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
6. Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
7. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
8.Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
9. Men Without Women by Ernest Hemingway
10. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
11. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
12. 19 Dead souls by Nikolai Gogol
13. Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
14. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
15. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
16. Le Rouge et Le Noir by Stendhal
17. Dracula by Bram Stoker
18. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
19. Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
20. The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
21. The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolano
22. Jesus' Son by Denis Johnson
23. If on a Winter's Night by Italo Calvino
24. Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk
25.Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
26. The Notebook by Agota Kristoff
27. Breakfast of CHampions by Kurt Vonnegut
28. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
29. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
30. L'étranger by Albert Camus
31. Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Choderlos de Laclos
32. Treasure Island by Robert louis Stevenson
33. Animal Farm by George Orwell
34. The Bostonians by Henry James
35. The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
36. Little Women by Louisa Alcott
37. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
38. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
39. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
40. The Cat on the Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams
41. Looking for Alaska by John Green
42. Someone Like You by Roald Dahl
43. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
44. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
45. A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
Now, I'm fully aware that even for an avid reader like myself these 45 books plus all the books for my courses might be too much to ask. This list is but a guideline, I shall do my best to get through as many as I can. Some choices may be slightly unconventional but as I'm doing a literature degree, I have studied a fair number of those I would have put on there.

This list was made at the start of summer and as such I can already cross some of these off. I shall update in the coming days with my thoughts on these books.

Right then, now that this is said, my 6:30 Breakfast shift demands I catch some sleep.

Catch ya later alligator!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment