Thursday 17 October 2013

Winter months

I am a winter baby, as such winter is arguably my favourite time of year. Snow, fresh mornings, coats, scarves, boots, I love it all. I especially love christmas, forgive me for the earliness of this but I can't wait. I got a little over excited and bought a whole tacky cheesy cjritsmas outfit at Primark,  complete with jingle earrings (I'm so cool it hurts).

Anyhow whilst in town I bought a few trinkets for my bedroom.
First off some fairylights. I find that fairylights bring a nice charm to any room. The best thing is they come in a variety of colours and shapes do there is something for every one. I put mine on my headboard as it gives a nice gentle light and makes the bed the focal point (which when you're as messy as me is probably a good thing.)
I also bought a couple of tealight holders from the Next home department. Taking me into the next home department is a bad idea as I have a tendency to go overboard. Again lighting candles always cheers me up and candles are great on miserable winter days. I enjoy reading a book bundled in a blanket with a hot chocolate with some candles lit. I often sit behind the Christmas tree when that time comes.
I also went in to this tiny shop which sells things made by artisans and got a cute little photo frame. Anyone who knows me can testify that I love photos. I have 2 wall collages either side of my bed and multiple frames dotted around the room. 

Point of this being that at the same time as I'm hopefully getting myself to where I want to be, I'm also enjoying decorating my room to be a place I want  to be, I have found thatdoing so doesn't necessarily need money, just some creativity. So get creative and make yourself a haven. 

Xo 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment